Re: Quota on tmpfs

mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost (Mouse) writes:

>How large a number?  I have very little basis for more than wild
>guessing here; I rarely use sparse files, and even more rarely use
>files sparse enough to make a significant difference from a quota point
>of view.

I would also guess that sparse files are very rarely used. But for
disk usage purposes you want to consider real disk usage including
overhead because the quotas are mostly used to partition the available
space. That doesn't work if your quotas allow you to write a few
thousand files of 1 byte length that account together as a single
single block when they really occupy a few thousand blocks.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost