Re: Quota on tmpfs

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 08:24:49AM +0200, Francois Tigeot wrote:
 > > ...and to actually answer the question, the fs-independent quota
 > > system is a data model, a client interface, and transport/request
 > > routing code under the covers. Plus the userlevel tools, which use the
 > > client interface.
 > >
 > > The fs-dependent quota system takes care of storing the quota
 > > information, storing/maintaining the usage information, enforcement
 > > based on the usage information, and also recovering/restoring
 > > consistency of the usage information after crashing.
 >
 > OK, more like a framework for managing filesystem-specific quotas then.
 > Thanks for the clarification.

*shrug* Whatever you want to call it. It works the way it has to.

I suspect people used to traditional quota systems will not entirely
like the idea of a quota system that has no persistent storage... but
I'm not about to tell you that what you're doing is wrong :-)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost