Re: fss status (was: selectively disabling atime updates?)

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 05:17:06PM +0200, Edgar Fu? wrote:

> > Taking a file system external snapshot should be a quick task
> That means a ffsconfig(8) with the backup argument pointing to a
> different file system?

Yes, but I have to question whether and why it would improve performance
in this case.  The stream of atime updates is still happening on the
underlying filesystem, and that is still where you will be doing almost
all of your reads from.

Thor