Re: Enabling wedge autodiscovery on vnd disks

buhrow%lothlorien.nfbcal.org@localhost (Brian Buhrow) writes:

Hello Brian,

>       hello.  In researching a recent bug under NetBSD-5, I discovered the
>desire to make wedges work with vnd disks.  While the ability for these
>devices to deal with wedge ioctls was added by riz some time ago, the
>ability to have wedges autodiscovered when the vnd is configured was not.
>The below patch does this.  If a gpt disk partition is defined on the vnd
>file when the vnd is configured, then it will be attached to the dk driver.

wedges and disklabels are orthogonal. The vnd driver should do
what the other disk drivers do:

dkwedge_discover on attach
fail open other than raw partition with EBUSY when wedges exist
getdisklabel on open
dkwedge_delall on detach

For vnd the 'attach' operation is VNDIOCSET and the 'detach'
operation is VNDIOCCLR.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost