Re: watching dynamic device attachment?

Yeah, I'm on -current.

BTW, it requires both -t and -l to get the list:

# drvctl -tl usb0
uhub1
  ugen0
  uhidev0
    ukbd0
      wskbd1
  uhidev1
    ums0
      wsmouse0
#

On Thu, 3 May 2012, Mouse wrote:

drvctl -tl will give you a recursive list of the device tree

Maybe you'd expect it to, but what it actually gives me is

drvctl: unknown option -- t
Usage: drvctl -r [-a attribute] busdevice [locator ...]
      drvctl -d device
      drvctl -p device

So I assume you're talking about something newer than 4.0.1, which
comes back to what I said about switching versions.  I suspect my
tweaking 4.0.1 will be an easier sell to them than switching versions,
especially to a version which isn't even released yet (I have access to
a 5.1 machine, and drvctl still says t is an unknown option there,
though the list of options it shows is longer, so presumably what you
describe won't work before 6.x).

\ / Ribbon Campaign
X  Against HTML         mouse%rodents-montreal.org@localhost

!DSPAM:4fa332942402322617137!