Re: watching dynamic device attachment?

> drvctl -tl will give you a recursive list of the device tree

Maybe you'd expect it to, but what it actually gives me is

drvctl: unknown option -- t
Usage: drvctl -r [-a attribute] busdevice [locator ...]
       drvctl -d device
       drvctl -p device

So I assume you're talking about something newer than 4.0.1, which
comes back to what I said about switching versions.  I suspect my
tweaking 4.0.1 will be an easier sell to them than switching versions,
especially to a version which isn't even released yet (I have access to
a 5.1 machine, and drvctl still says t is an unknown option there,
though the list of options it shows is longer, so presumably what you
describe won't work before 6.x).

\ / Ribbon Campaign