Re: ENOATTR vs ENODATA

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:

> Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> > I don't know - you could nuke ENOATTR from NetBSD and just make the kernel
> > return ENODATA.
>
> I think this is the best way : ENOATTR does not seem to exist in any
> standard. We only use it in extended attribute code, and there is no
> situationa system call could return ENOATTR or ENODATA.

I used the ENOATTR symbol in some bluetooth related code as the best-match
error code, so you might want to fix that if you removed it -
libbluetooth, rfcomm_sppd and btdevctl were the in-tree ones I found with
a quick search, but also pkgsrc/comms/obexapp at least uses it so would
need a patch (was written by a FreeBSD guy)

In summary, sure.. make the kernel return what you want for this stuff but
removing the symbol would possibly cause unrelated trouble.

regards,
iain