Re: Snapshots in tmpfs

I can help with both zfs and ext3. If requirement for your thesis is
to design and implement something new then implementing DRBD like
network raid on top of device-mapper would be amazing. [1], [2]
It is not required to do something new (awkward, I know). But there
is no reason, not to do so. DRBD is a very good idea. My
lecturer was involved in it. As far as I know only for academical
purposes, which is good to know, since it might prevent conflicting
interests.

My main interest is still a good thesis. When it is not required to
implement a DRBD-like feature (I think it won't), I won't do it for this time. When time allows it would be interesting to work on that later.

I'll write to my lecturer, and let you know when the exact requirements are defined.

Thanks a lot!

Manuel