Re: Snapshots in tmpfs

Note that we already have file system snapshots for ffs file systems,
see fss(4). They are used for backup purposes (atomically create a snapshot,
while the file system is busy, then backup the now quiet snapshot) - among
others.

> *)
> What is it good for? The only practical use I can imagine are backups on
> thin clients, which operate without a hard disk. But this is clearly
> far-fetched, in my eyes.

I have no clue. For the disklaess (or r/o flash based) thin clients you
probably can easily do something easier at application level (like: mount
flash r/w, copy some files over).

Martin