Re: Adding an option to avoid SIGPIPE for all file descriptors

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 10:43:38PM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
 > | On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 09:28:48PM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
 > |  > [stuff]
 > |
 > | One thing jumps out at me: if it's a file-level flag, shouldn't it be
 > | sufficient to use F_GETFL / F_SETFL to manipulate it, rather than
 > | adding new fcntls?
 >
 > I thought about that, and we can definitely do this, but providing the
 > fcntl's too gives us compatibility with the MacOSX api. I am open to
 > whatever we decide.

I dunno. I'm generally opposed to multiplication of new fcntls or
ioctls, but API compat does have some value... does anyone actually
use that API?

(and I don't suppose we can think of a clever way to stuff the compat
fcntls into libcompat or some such place so they don't bloat out the
core system...)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost