Re: [RFC] getgroups2 system call

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 06:05:53AM +0100, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:

> At this point, I think I will fetch secondary groups through sysctl,
> this seems to be the point of least resistance.

You are not worried about security issues resulting from the fact
that time will pass, and the process may do other operations which
modify its credentials, before the operation completes?

This seems like a very dangerous idea for a filesystem.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon                                    tls%panix.com@localhost
  "All of my opinions are consistent, but I cannot present them all