Re: [RFC] getgroups2 system call

Christos Zoulas <christos%astron.com@localhost> wrote:

> Don't you need a getuid2(pid_t pid)?

uid, gid and pid are passed inthe FUSE header, so we aready have them.

> Why don't you add separate fuse messages to send and retrieve this
> information? Then the kernel can notify if these have changed...

That adds a lot of state in the kernel (you need to update creds on
process termination and setgroup(2) calls, which makes the thing even
harder to port. And on the performance front, new messages add lattency.

At this point, I think I will fetch secondary groups through sysctl,
this seems to be the point of least resistance.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz