Re: KASSERTMSG fix

Hi,

What would be useful is a format effector that processes a format
string and a va_list (recursive call inside vsnprintf).

But adding non-standard effectors is not really a good idea.

I once added such a thing (I think I used %@).  It was easy, but I
never used it very much and never rolled it forward (it was 1.4T I
added it to).  Never even got around to adding it to -Wformat.

Note that that doesn't work with our current gcc on machines where
(__builtin_,)va_list is implemented as an array with one element.
That means (AFAIK) all machines where some parameters are passed
in registers, like e.g. amd64 or powerpc.  See my PR#45138.

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang%Solfrank.net@localhost                         Wolfgang Solfrank