Re: Multiboot a NetBSD kernel with Grub2: it works

Am 2011-09-13 16:38, schrieb Andy Ruhl:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 6:00 AM, Emmanuel Kasper
> <emmanuel%libera.cc@localhost> wrote:
>> * grub2 does not need to know about labels, it needs the MS DOS
>> NetBSD partition and seems to be fine with that.
>
> What exactly does this (what you wrote above) mean?
>
> Is it really finding the netbsd kernel here, and then booting it?:
>
> set root=(hd0,msdos1)
>
> This is good news I guess. Sorry, I'm not hugely experienced with grub
> or grub2, but it seems like I need to try to learn it again.

yes I it is really finding the NetBSD kernel

I would not recommand booting the NetBSD kernel with GRUB2 as a standard
setup as I could not make it work with extra paramaters ( like -s for
single user mode )

However as I said before, it is a nice alternative if you want to
install NetBSD from a GNU/Linux system without using install media

Manu