Re: netbsd32 emulation in driver open() or read()

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 04:51:51PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> If the structure was versioned to have 64 bit fixed sized timestamps, then
> the problem goes away for new code, though it does leave a COMPAT50 issue
> for older code...

For new code that uses bpf_xhdr. If you don't change userland code
(including third-party code which uses libpcap), it will still use
bpf_hdr even if recompiled.
We get this via a read(2), this can't be versionned as easily as we
do for ioctl or syscall structures ...