Re: Where are the specific WARNS=n defined?

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011, Mouse wrote:

> >> [...] gcc errors due to comparison of signed and unsigned values.
>
> > It is best to fix the errors.
>
> What errors?
>
> It is not necessarily an error to compare signed and unsigned values.
> In my experience, that warning produces so many more false positives
> than useful warnings that I normally shut it off entirely.

and that one time that using it might have warned you about a serious
vulnerability?

the compiler is producing a warning that something you did may be unsafe..
since you are cleverer than the compiler, it is simple for you to examine
it and tell the compiler that it is ok, by using a cast or the appropriate
type.

iain