Re: bug #44412

I have the original patch I made against 5.1, if that would help; I don't think
it was really different from -current (I don't think the file changed at all).

At some point (my wife is likely to go into labor in the next few hours/days,
so probably not right now), it would be good to try it on your non-working i386
with some debug printfs thrown in.

The problem I had seen was that broadcast requests weren't getting
automatically routed to the loopback interface as well, so the machine couldn't
see its own broadcasts (necessary when trying to lookup an address, though I
think netatalk does it the "routed" way all the time, which is maybe not
ideal).  What version of Netatalk (user-land) are you using?

- Dave