Re: bug #44412

At 16:48 Uhr +0200 3.8.2011, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 04:41:01PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 02:55:21PM -0400, David Riley wrote:
>> > I filed this report a while back.  Someone else has tested my fix on
>>non-PPC systems (x86, x86_64) and reported that it seems to work as well.
>>I'm attaching the patch against -current here; could someone give it a
>>look and include it if it seems to be OK?  Or provide feedback if it
>>doesn't.
>>
>> Thanks for the bug report and patch.
>> I'm not using netatalk and can't judge the patch; until someone comes
>> along that can, please add the patch to the bug report as well, so
>> it's not lost.
>
>I can look at this; I have an Appletalk printer in occasional
>production us.

Please do.

I applied the patch a few days ago to netbsd-5 sources (i386) and -current
sources (sparc). It didn't fix the problem on i386, and didn't break
anything on sparc (where things worked before with Netatalk 2.0).

From what I have seen, AppleTalk worked fine up to netbsd-4, and broke,
depending on the network interface, on netbsd-5. My test matrix is

                  sparc          i386
                le   hme        wm   re
netbsd-4        +     +         +    ?
netbsd-5        +     -         -    -
netbsd-HEAD     +     +         ?    ?

-- guess I should try a patched -current kernel on i386, and a patched
netbsd-5 kernel on sparc.

        hauke