Re: pchb@acpi

martin%duskware.de@localhost said:
> This sounds like strictly structured one-time used data. Using
> property lists here seems like an unecessary waste (data and code
> size) to me.

Agreed. Property lists should be used where data exchange with
userland is of primary concern, or where data are so variadic
that the proplist overhead appears as the lesser evil.

Besides that, the common pci code should not be bloated with
code for dynamic address space management. We've got attachments
which is a powerful tool to keep driver code modular without #ifdefs.
Since ACPI uses pci buses as entities in its namespace, "pci@acpi"
would be the natural implementation.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt