Re: nfs server lockup (again)

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 04:23:59PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> Also there is (from worqueue_enqueue(9)):
> "The enqueued work will be processed in a thread context.  A work must not
>  be enqueued again until the callback is called by the workqueue(9) frame-
>  work."

This is bizarre.  Reading it, I note that I've written some buggy code
assuming that workqueues were, you know, *queues* -- not
queues-of-one-element.

I think it means that you cannot enqueue the _same_ struct work
repeatedly, though.  Not a problem, in practice, if you embed one
struct work in each instance of your other datastructure.  No?

--
Thor Lancelot Simon                                    tls%panix.com@localhost
  "All of my opinions are consistent, but I cannot present them all