Re: nfs server lockup (again)

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 09:26:36AM +0200, Adam Hamsik wrote:
> [...]
>
> Wouldn't be workqueue be better solution ? No need to setup anything
> just create wq and use it where is it needed.

I'm not familiar enough with workqueues. How well does it deal with
frequent calls (under heavy network load I guess this can be called
very often). What happens when the thread blocks, does this defer other,
unrelated workqueues ?
Also there is (from worqueue_enqueue(9)):
"The enqueued work will be processed in a thread context.  A work must not
 be enqueued again until the callback is called by the workqueue(9) frame-
 work."
so it's not as easy as a persistent thread and cv_broadcast() ...