Re: kernel v. userland #includes for standard types

On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 01:09:19PM -0500, David Young wrote:
 > Is there a good reason that we are not using <stdbool.h> and <stdint.h>
 > in the kernel, instead of <sys/stdint.h> and <sys/types.h>?  It seems
 > to me that we could cut simplify by using the same headers for the same
 > definitions everywhere.

We should, but the source tree organization doesn't really allow it.
(I assume you agree that creating any src/sys/*.h files would be a
mistake.)

In the long run we should add src/sys/include, but in general I think
major structural cleanup like this should wait until we manage to do a
version control migration.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost