Re: extend sysmon watchdog modes?

Basically the hypothetical system is still alive, just bogged
under interrupt load, and will resume normal functioning when
the load relents.

Ability to recover makes a significantly different case from a
system in some pathological halt, infinite fault, deadlock or spin.

Also, if the watchdog tickle were called from softnet, then the
stack could be still functioning, vs. from callout (softclock)
the watchdog would time out.

The mode of the watchdog should be a matter of policy depending on the
application. As others are saying, the (proposed) ITICKLE policy
is not appropriate for some (most) systems. But the mechanism could be
flexible to allow it where needed.

     -cliff-