Re: sys/dev/isa/fd.c FDUNIT/FDTYPE

>      So, instead of fixing the very broken MAKEDEV script, you want to
> mangle multiple floppy drivers?  At the end of the day, MAKEDEV is
> broken, it should not be treating floppy drives like hard drives.  The
> unit letters don't have the same meaning and never have.

There are two options, fixing kernels, or
fixing /dev nodes on existing disks (not only MAKEDEV script).

I'm afraid few developers will maintain MAKEDEV script properly,
and few users will rerun /dev/MAKEDEV on upgrade.

Nowadays floppy is almost dead, so we don't have to care about
compatibility, though...

---
Izumi Tsutsui