Re: Fwd: Status and future of 3rd party ABI compatibility layer

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:13:36AM +0200, haad wrote:

> With solaris.kmod we are compatible with solaris kernel, (we should
> be able to load solaris kernel modules).

Have you actually tried this?  I am pretty sure it would not work.

It appears to me that solaris.kmod includes shims that provide some
Solaris kernel interfaces at the *source* level in NetBSD, which
certainly makes it easier to port kernel code from Solaris but does
not (as far as I can tell) give us binary compatibility.

Thor