Re: remove sparse check in vnd

> I think that the sparseness check should stay until vnd supports
> sparse files.

It already does, under some circumstances (eg, NFS-remote).

I _would_ prefer to see an override for cases like NFS, or where the
values returned trip the test even though the file is not sparse in the
sense vnd cares about.

Of course, still better would be to fix vnd, though I'm not sure what
the right fix would be.  (Hmm, read-only, synthesize a block of 0s;
read-write, write a block of 0s first?  That's the cheap and simple
fix, though ISTM ideally the write should be delayed until the block is
written in the read-write case.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign