Re: Softfloat userland needing to properly deliver SIGFPE traps

On Jan 14, 2011, at 2:01 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:

> After Christos recently added sigqueue and friends to -current, I tried to
> use them to fix a long standing softfloat userland problem. One variant of
> the problem shows up in sparc64 atf test runs (sparc64 uses softfloat
> for 128 bit long double): the userland software, and our atf tests, expect
> to get proper details about the SIGFPE it caught, but softloat only did a
> raise(SIGFPE), so no siginfo is available.

Looking at the siginfo documentation, i don't see any references to
SI_USER/SI_KERNEL.  I don't even see definitions for them.  We don't
seem to use SI_KERNEL.

I'm thinking the check should go away.

One thing I'm concerned about is whether this signal will directed to
the queueing lwp.  Seems to me that for a synthetic fault like this,
that would need to be true.