Re: Problems with TCP Window size under NetBSD-5???

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010, Brian Buhrow wrote:

        The trace shows that the initial window size is correct, but that when
subsequent packets are generated, the window size drops to the numbers shown
above.  This makes me think that the calls to soreserve() in in
tcp_usrreq.c aren't working, or  the buffers are being lost or unused,
somehow.  Still poking.

The window sizes look good to me - they are scaled by 8 in one direction, and tcpdump does not keep track of the scale factor, so it display the raw value in the packet.

Michael L. Hitch
Computer Consultant
Information Technology Center
Montana State University        Bozeman, MT     USA