Re: XEN3PAE_DOM0 customization

On 04.12.2010 07:06, Gaurang Pandya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded kernel XEN3PAE_DOM0 from 3rd Dec, head and it works, but
> now I
> need to add some features to that kernel and wanted to customize it but am
> unable to locate conf file for XEN3PAE_DOM0. I did try to create conf file
> for
> XEN3PAE_DOM0 my self as given in url..
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2009/06/04/msg005041.html
>
> and got following error during make
>
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> In file included from ./machine/bus_private.h:3,
>                  from ../../../../arch/x86/x86/bus_dma.c:97:
> ./xen/bus_private.h: In function '_bus_virt_to_bus':
> ./xen/bus_private.h:46: warning: passing argument 3 of 'pmap_extract_ma' from
> incompatible pointer type
> *** Error code 1

Is you src tree clean? Changes have been made to pmap_extract_ma(), and
if you have only partial sync with the repo, you will have tons of
compile time errors.

Either:
- download its tgz [1]
- cvs up -C -r netbsd-5-1

>  , also tried directly making copy of XEN3_DOM0 and adding options of pae but
> ended up with same error again. This is same behavior that is given in that
> post
> as well to which unfortunately there are no solutions given there.

[1] http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-5.1/source/sets/syssrc.tgz

These are for 5.1.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon