Re: radix tree implementation for quota ?

> [...] but as I understand it, the [NFS] server implements its own
> limits, not the client, which is as it should be.

The server should enforce limits if it is configured to have them, yes.
But the only reason I can see why the client shouldn't also be able to
put quotas on an NFS-mounted filesystem is implementation laziness.
(Justfied laziness, perhaps; "laziness" carries a somewhat pejorative
implication that may be not entirely deserved here, but I'm having
trouble coming up with a better word.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign