Re: Enhancing ukbd for Apple notebooks

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 22:44:58 +0100
Hauke Fath <hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost> wrote:

> > and turn the right Apple/Command key into AltGr.
>
> Ick.
>
> >This part is already working fine here. Are there any objections before I
> >commit the code, or even better ideas?
>
> Assuming that most Apple notebooks will continue to run MacOS (X) to some
> extent, I think it violates POLA to shoehorn the Apple into a pc keyboard
> layout on the NetBSD side.

I completely agree that it is not nice, and I already thought about
turning the Alt/Option key into AltGr. But then we would miss Alt under
NetBSD (which is used in various X11-based GUIs). The Apple/Command keys,
on the other hand, are not needed.

> As an option, maybe, for those who bought the
> machine for the hardware. But not as a default.

Hmm... I'm unsure what to do.
Maybe there is a third or fourth opinion?

--
Frank Wille