AMAP_SHARED (was Re: XIP)

Hmmmmm.  I may be missing something seriously.  I think I've
understood the following description you wrote, and I got hit this
in the very early development stage ... >1 year ago.  It was
uvm_fault() -> uvmfault_promote() -> amap_add() -> pmap_page_protect()
Since then I've assumed that shared amap is a pretty much common
thing...  Now I realize it should not be, as you describe.  Worse,
I can't reproduce that code path...

Now I have to *really* understand how this works...

(I'll respond about this topic again later.)

Masao

(snip)

--
Masao Uebayashi / Tombi Inc. / Tel: +81-90-9141-4635