Re: Fixes for kern/40018 -- any chance of getting these pulled into the -current and 5.x trees?

        Hello.  I've tested on the following variants from that list:

        BCM5704
        BCM5706 or 5714
        BCM5750 or BCM5721

        In addition, this patch makes our driver drive these chips in the same
way that the FreeBSD, OpenBSD  and Linux drivers do.  the bug is that some
variants
of the chip randomly switch modes and compute the hardware checksum on the
pseudo header even though we've instructed them not to.  The other drivers
tell the chips to do the complete pseudo header calculation all the time.
I believe this patch is "correct" in so far as it now runs the chips in
a mode which is well tested and used by other *nix drivers -- in
particular -- drivers from Broadcom itself.  From 2003 through today, our
driver runs the chip in a mode which appears to be completely unused, and,
from what I can tell, untested.

-Brian