Re: scsipi mid-layer, tagged queueing, and ciss(4)

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 01:36:36PM -0600, Michael L. Hitch wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2010, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> >there's another option, which is to fix the result of the INQUIRY command
> >returned to the scsipi layer, in the ciss driver (pathing the ANSII
> >value to 2). I think this would be the cleanest way.
>
> I had thought about mentioning that as another option, since I had
> actually tried that first, if I remember correctly.  That resulted
> in a number of invalid command errors, with useless information.

A quick look shows that this could be the SCSI_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE_10
(BTW, this means that right now, no cache sync is done for ciss I guess),
which can be worked around with the PQUIRK_NOSYNCCACHE quirk.
sd_getcache()/sd_setcache() could also issue version 2-only commands, but
AFAIK these are only called for user IOCTLs.