Re: scsipi mid-layer, tagged queueing, and ciss(4)

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

there's another option, which is to fix the result of the INQUIRY command
returned to the scsipi layer, in the ciss driver (pathing the ANSII
value to 2). I think this would be the cleanest way.

I had thought about mentioning that as another option, since I had actually tried that first, if I remember correctly. That resulted in a number of invalid command errors, with useless information. I've got a note to myself in the driver to print more usefull information. At the time, I thought I may have messed up something, but it also might be that NetBSD is trying some other command when the ANSII value is 2 which the SmartArray controller does not support. I had thought about trying the fixup INQUIRY data again and finding out just which command was failing. Also, I don't remember if the driver worked other than those failing commands, so I need to check that again.

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant