Re: Potential re(4) / netbsd-4 / i386 problem?

On 7/21/2010 3:17 PM, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
I'm afraid it's memory corruption caused by hardware or PCI BIOS problem.

What happens if you change
>    cfg = RE_CPLUSCMD_PCI_MRW;
>    cfg = 0;
in re_init()? Or can you have newer BIOS for your hardware?

I've tried this and I'm still able to reproduce the problem.

On 7/23/2010 12:12 PM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
is it possible that the re device is writting past its buffer (via DMA) and
overwriting random memory ?

Is it possible that I can increase this buffer and check it for overrun when data arrives? If so, where can I find this buffer?

Brad