Re: Potential re(4) / netbsd-4 / i386 problem?

> is it possible that the re device is writting past its buffer (via
> DMA) and overwriting random memory ?

Isn't that one thing the iommu is for?  Oh, wait....

Well, use machines whose designers cut corners on hardware design and
guess what happens.

Actually, my main reason for writing is to mention that I have a
laptop, running 4.0.1, with an re onboard, and have never seen such
random crashes.  I can give more details if they matter.

\ / Ribbon Campaign