Re: updating COMPAT_LINUX for linux 2.6.x support (take 2)

Andrew Doran <ad%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
> - The dup code for fork1() code makes me uncomfortable.  Maybe it's
>   worthwhile changing our native code so that LIDs are always allocated
>   from the PID table or something along those lines?  Tend to think these
>   should be globally unique with the system and not just within a process.
>   Could also be of potential help with things like inter-process pthread
>   objects in shared memory.

You mean the clone() fragment which duplicates sys__lwp_create()?  Perhaps
just abstract into e.g. lwp_setrunnable() or so?  Not sure if worth adding
extra overhead to native code.  For uniqueness, combining PID and LID as a
key should be enough.

--
Mindaugas