Re: allocating memory during kernel startup

On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 03:15:55PM -0400, Michael wrote:
> We get out of cold WAY later than that. In fact kmem is ready before
> autoconfig starts and cold is only cleared after that.

Realistically, besides all the problems we already solved by rearranging
intializiation order, it is only consinit(). So you just need to take
care what you call from there (and maybe pass some flags).

Maybe rasops can do minimal configuration early and complete at driver attach
time?

Martin