Re: box drawing characters vs. WSDISPLAY_FONTENC_ISO

Hello,

On Apr 28, 2010, at 1:55 PM, der Mouse wrote:

On 2nd thought - how likely are we to ever have real life fonts with
character numbers above 0xff?

"Ever"'s a long time. I don't expect it to be more than another decade
or two before <16-bit characters seem a quaint archaism.  (Though
perhaps the "we" of that question won't be around by then....)

Of course, then, people will be saying the same thing with 0xffff...all
we learn from history is that we never learn from history.

Well, imposing a 256 character limit seems wrong to me so I moved the marker further up - I think it will take a while till we have fonts with 16 million actual characters, and then Someone(tm) needs to rewrite wscons anyway and those fonts will probably include box drawing characters ;)

have fun
Michael