Re: Hardware RAID problem with NetBSD 5?

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 12:38:05AM +0000, John Klos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if this a problem with the motherboard I'm using or with
> NetBSD, but here goes anyway. I have an MSI MS-7511 amd64 motherboard
> which has a form of hardware RAID on the motherboard. However, after
> using it for a few minutes, the machine locks up HARD. I can't get into
> the debugger, I can't get any sort of activity, and even the reset button
> doesn't work!

I don't know what's wrong (though I don't think the drives should
probe both as wd* and as part of the "ataraid") but you're aware that
"hardware RAID" is what the Linux people call "fakeraid"?  It's only
for the benefit of the BIOS.  You should probably turn it off and
just use RAIDframe -- we can boot and run just fine from a RAIDframe
mirror.