Re: Using proplist ioctl's from within the kernel

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010, Paul Goyette wrote:

> So would it be appropriate for me to expose sysmon_envsys's "global mutex" and
> its device list in order for acpi_apm to scan for battery sensors and A/C
> adapters?

I think better to not expose subsystem internals.. but can you split the
sysmon_envsys API into "functionality" and "userland interface" so that
a kernel module can call the functionality directly?

Vaguely (ie without examining your needs at all) I'm thinking of something
like sys_bind() and do_sys_bind() from uipc_syscalls.c though that doesn't
handle plists. I used a plist wrapper in bthub.c as its easier to write a
function that handles a dictionary, perhaps that method would be useful?

iain