Re: kern/42772 -- pthread issue with fork()

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 05:59:50PM -0700, Michael Graff wrote:
> Ruby seems to be executing some tests in a forked multithreaded
> environment.  I have no reason to believe they are doing anything that
> isn't prepared to handle a totally new, blank pthread-allowing environment.

The point is that you don't really get that. Consider mutexes currently
hold by a different thread in the original program. May I strongly
advise you to first identify exactly where Ruby is failing and based on
that let us decide how it can be fixed.

Joerg