Re: kern/42772 -- pthread issue with fork()

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 07:03:11PM -0700, Michael Graff wrote:
> It appears that this patch works.  I believe the submitter was working
> on Ruby 1.9 on NetBSD, and ran into this (which I also did.)
>
> The supplied patch works on my netbsd-5 branch test box, and should also
> apply for current.
>
> I'd like to commit it (and request a pull-up to netbsd-5).  Any reason I
> shouldn't?
>
> --Michael

There could be more work required, anyway a few comments on the patch:

- I think this should be in pthread__fork_callback().
- pthread__start() and all related stuff like use of pthead_started seem
  to be leftovers from SA that we no longer need.
- pthread_self() call should be pthread__self() (libpthread internal).
- please put "pthread_t self;" at top of function.