Re: apm(4) fixes

bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost said:
> after updating my old laptop to netbsd-5, I did need to have a working
> APM again. I came up with the following patch, which makes standby,
> suspend to ram and suspend to disk work again for me.

Great - thanks for looking at that. I've also got a good old laptop
which I'd like to update but coudn't because APM got broken.

>  My fix is to call apm_resume() from within apm_suspend() or
>  apm_standby(), after aa_set_powstate() has returned.

This sounds reasonable.

> on this laptop the pfm handler are harmfull and I had to disable them:
> on reboot, the laptop gets stuck in BIOS

Can you add some kernel option which disables this? I've seen
similar trouble and thought about putting #ifdefs around the
more dangerous shutdown handler calls, but didn't find time
yet to do this in a clean way.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt