Re: [PAE support] Types + cosmetic fixes

> Has anybody actually gone through the kernel code and defined a specific
> set of routines for use by drivers, or is it still open season for
> anything in the kernel?  I don't recall having seen anything like that.

No, but I'm thinking of how to migrate...

A first step would be to make _MODULE a real namespace, not a build
condition.  Now we build kernel and modules with _KERNEL and _MODULE
defined.  This means we expose everything to modules.  Make _KERNEL
defined only for the real kernel core.  Make _MODULE for modules.

All non-core kernel code is to be built as modules.  Filesystems,
drivers, etc.  For example, sys/ufs/ffs/ffs_vfsops.c is built only
with -D_MODULE.  System headers exposes limited part of interfaces to
modules.

This needs to change config(1).  Modules will always have a module
entry (as filesystems already do).  Drivers will probably have two
entries - *_{match,attach} and modcmd too.  I'm not sure how this
works cleanly.  My thought is stuck here. :)

Masao