Re: 4k sector sizes on new disks? (John Klos) writes:

>Does newfs automatically choose 4k fragment sizes for new drives with 4k

Sort of. Currently you need to specify the sector size with -S. Fragment
and block sizes are validated or selected automatically.

>I'm wondering how much fallout there will be when these drives become more

Most of these drives will just work, you just treat them as old 512byte-
per-sector-disks. As you read in the article, you need to be careful about
partitioning to avoid the alignment issues.

                                Michael van Elst