Re: enabling uthum(4) in GENERIC

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, David Holland wrote:

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 11:08:46PM +0100, Antoine Reilles wrote:
> Now that we have an uthum(4) driver, for TEMPer and TEMPerHUM usb
> thermometers (and hygrometer in the case of TEMPerHUM), I was wondering
> if it is a good idea to enable it in GENERIC kernel configuration, and
> if so, in which architectures.
> So far, it has only be tested on i386 to my knowledge.
>
> Do you have any recommendations ?

The general principle is that GENERIC should contain all drivers that
are supposed to work, and should list, commented-out, drivers that
might work or might be useful if they did work. So, I guess it should
be added commented out to every GENERIC that includes the assorted usb
devices, and uncommented where it's been tested...

Plus, for i386, it should be in ALL (uncommented) if it compiles.  :)

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:      |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul at whooppee.com   |