Re: need help with kern/42758 - correctly initialize W83627HF hwmon

I'll have a look.

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010, Michael Stapelberg wrote:

Hi,

Yesterday I debugged why the temperature values seen in envstat on my mainboard
looked very odd (70 degC while the bios hardware monitor shows 40 degC). As I
described in the bugreport, it is a missing initialization.

I also attached a patch to the bugreport, which fixes the problem to me.
However, I am not a NetBSD kernel developer, so the patch very likely needs
some polishing. It would be great if someone could have a look at it so that
it can go into the next NetBSD release.

Best regards,
Michael

PS: kern/42759 is related to this and a rather simple patch - it needs to be
merged before debugging kern/42758 (so that the i2c is accessible on this
board).

PS: Please CC me, as I am not on this list.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:      |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul at whooppee.com   |