Re: Cannot list a particular directory through NFS with UDP

Hi Martin,

On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 03:00:28PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 02:53:51PM +0100, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> > FWIW, I've tried changing rsize to 1024 and I could read the entire
> > tree.
> I bet a tcp mount (-T option) would make it work too.
> What network interface do you use on the NetBSD client and what type of
> network is this (e.g. gigE with jumbo frames enabled)?
> I see something similar on some networks with some machines - while other
> machines just work (but I never got around to do further diagnostic, just
> made the mount use TCP and forgot about it).

Yes indeed, TCP mount solves the problem.  I can live with TCP mount,
but I wanted to report the problem to get it fixed.

The network adapter is an Intel one:
    fxp1 at pci2 dev 4 function 0: i82550 Ethernet, rev 13
    fxp1: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 22
    fxp1: Ethernet address 00:02:b3:60:5f:b8

    004:04:0: Intel 82557 Fast Ethernet LAN Controller (ethernet network,
revision 0x0d)

There is nothing like gigE or jumbo frames enabled:
        address: 00:02:b3:60:5f:b8
        media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX
        status: active
        inet netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast
        inet6 fe80::202:b3ff:fe60:5fb8%fxp1 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x2

Jeremie Le Hen

Humans are born free and equal.  But some are more equal than the others.